On my ride to work, I headed through the Clarence MTB Park (Meehan Ranges). I had been wearing dark riding glasses but when I got into the dense trees, I couldn't see the track properly. I took off my glasses to see the rocks & roots more easily but I managed to scratch my left eye as I rode through a branch. I got a bit of 'stuff' in my left eye & it was really irritating.
20 mins later at work I managed to wash the 3mm bit of stuff out but my eye was very red & inflamed. I went to an optometrist & they found a scratched cornea & I had scraped of some of the top layer (whatever bit that is) - which they found by putting dye in my eye.
The lesson from all that is wear clear riding glasses in the dark areas for protection.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...