Search This Blog

08 May 2013

First aid & other stuff

Today was our regular work first aid course.  I was hoping to learn some handy hints to instantly heal mountain bike gravel rash - but sadly no!

We did lots of resuscitation practice with defib which was handy.  They didn't cover how not to faint when you over-extend yourself riding up the mountain.

After work I went to the doctor to find out if my thumb was broken after one of my stacks yesterday.  I then went for an x-ray & with my uneducated viewing I couldn't see a crack.  I guess it is just a strain.

All of these injuries make it more important to do the MTB training course this Sunday that I am doing with mtbskills.com.au - where Su Sprott is an instructor.

Tomorrow is a paddling day - Thursday training with Ben at Sandy Bay.  They are hard but enjoyable.