Today was our regular work first aid course. I was hoping to learn some handy hints to instantly heal mountain bike gravel rash - but sadly no!
We did lots of resuscitation practice with defib which was handy. They didn't cover how not to faint when you over-extend yourself riding up the mountain.
After work I went to the doctor to find out if my thumb was broken after one of my stacks yesterday. I then went for an x-ray & with my uneducated viewing I couldn't see a crack. I guess it is just a strain.
All of these injuries make it more important to do the MTB training course this Sunday that I am doing with mtbskills.com.au - where Su Sprott is an instructor.
Tomorrow is a paddling day - Thursday training with Ben at Sandy Bay. They are hard but enjoyable.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...