After a nice lunch with an old friend (not old but hadn't seen her for a long time) at Blackmans Bay, I headed to Kingborough MTB Park for a bit of exercise & to work on my skills.
Things I want to improve are - my jumping is hopeless because I didn't play on bmx's enough as a kid & old people don't heal as quickly when you crash - and I crash a fair bit.
Usually I leave the ground when I don't intend to - when I am going hard racing or chasing someone and go over an obstacle at speed & leave the ground unintentionally. When I think about it too much or don't attack the obstacle enough bad things happen and I spend time removing gravel from my wounds.
I started warming up at the mtb track with a couple of laps of the longer xc track, then did some hard laps. My previous best time around the 1.35km course was 5m29.
Today my hard laps were:
1. 5.56 warm up
After that I had a go at the jumps with mixed success - slowly building up a bit. Then I worked on the pump track gradually gaining confidence & technique until I was attacking it. I finally stopped when the the dusk had turned to night.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...