We left Yellow Beach at 9.30am & headed along the Coast Rd then onto Badgers Corner Rd. This is where the road changed from a good gravel rd to a very rough, soft, sandy fire trail. It would be a nice mtn bike ride without all of our panniers & gear, but it took more effort with our full load onboard.
As the trail roughly followed the coast we passed beautiful bays & beaches. The track also passes through nice forest areas as well and big grasstrees. By 2pm ish we reached Big River Rd at the other end then had about 10km of gravel rd to Trousers Pt. We cooled off with a swim at the end if the hot, sunny day.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...