Wednesday 8 August 2012
After a short break of roughly 18 years, I went to do a swimming
session. The last time I went to Clarence pool - it had the
'bubble' over the top. The bubble was originally put on for a
short-term of about 5 years but stayed for 20 (from 1982 - 2002).
Inside the bubble everything was covered in mildew & mould.
giant air compressors pumping air inside to keep the bubble inflated
created an oppressive feeling. During some swimming races one year
there was a pop and a giant split appeared at one end. As it
collapsed, everyone made there way to the exits at each corner.
Anyway... back to the story... I turned up to the newly roofed
Clarence Aquatic Centre at 8am, hoping to avoid anyone I knew so I could
struggle up & down the pool in anonymity. As I walked in I spotted
Don Marsh & Stuart McKinlay
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...