Our bikes had already gone to Flinders Is. on the ferry from Bridport so we drove to Launcestn Airport to fly over in a small plane with Sharp Airlines. It was a 30 min comfortable flight. We flew into Whitemark & the weather was spectacular. We bought a couple of nice salad rolls & drinks to have later & got a lift down to Lady Barron to collect our bikes.
We were relieved that the bikes & gear were all undamaged. We set up our tents at Yellow Bch 2km east of Lady Barron at a great picnic/camp area.
To blow out the cobwebs, we rode up Vinegar Hill for great views all around. There is a lookout off a big granite slab for good viewing.
Back to camp for our salad roll, cup of tea (using my new wood burner stove which just uses little twigs).
Later we had a quick beer at the Lady Barron pub & headed back to see the beautiful sunset up Franklin Sound.
As I lie in my tent typing this with my phone, there are the sounds of wallabies, crickets and Cape Barren Geese honking.
It is a lovely, peaceful place.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...