Tuesday 24 July 2012
Midway Point paddle
wind - calm with a very slight incoming tide of
0.5 - 2km/h
Kayak - Epic V10L
Today was as good as a winter day gets - sunny,
calm & not too cold.
I headed out for a lap of my course using my
Grafton paddle which is a bit bigger than the Epic paddle that I have
I had a good, strong paddle and saw the 2 sea
eagles. Sometime I have to take my camera to I finished right on
38 mins at 11.4km/h average. This isn't my best time but ok for my
first paddle of this ski in a couple of years. There was about 1km
of shallow water where I was going about 10km/h.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...