Wed 20 June 2012
After work I took my Evolution Edge out at
Midway Point in a strong westerly with white-caps and a lumpy current
around McGee's Bridge. I was pretty careful & deliberate when I
started & headed straight into the wind for stability.
I made it
across to the Tasmania Golf Course & did some efforts in the sheltered
water near the shore & the causeway. I headed back down next to
the causeway catching the run nervously.
The evo edge is so tippy
and narrow. I turned right under the bridge slogged back upwind
next to the causeway on the southern side until I reached the sheltered,
shallow water again. I turned and ran back with the swells with
the evo edge slicing easily through the waves. I carefully crossed
the rough, tidal flow under the bridge and headed back to the beach for
a short & sharp session - cold and windy.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...