Saturday 14 July 2012
Midway Point paddle
wind - 26km/h nw with an outgoing tide in the
Kayak - Grafton Chrono
The conditions were messy. I did a 7.2km
anti-clockwise lap of my course at a cruising pace of 10.4km/h av - time
I saw the 2 sea eagles again as I paddled - 1
flying and 1 watching from an old tree.
As I packed up a bloke was taking out an old
aluminium dinghy with an even older mercury outboard. His 'missus'
looked absolutely thrilled to be going out fishing in the cold wind and
I left while he was still trying to start the
motor as she rowed the boat - battling the current & wind.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...