Matt had a rest day today, after his battle with headwinds during the past 2 or 3 days. The forecast for Monday 19/2 is for S to SW winds so he intends to wait until then.
In the meantime he is comfortably camped on the grass at Green Point, with toilet and outside shower facilities - almost like home!!
His plan is to round Cape Grim tomorrow and possibly reach Stony Point but he needs to take special care because of the extensive sand banks around that area, particularly near Robbins Island. He will not want to drag his kayak several k's over soft sand. I think he has a copy of the tide tables so he should be OK.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...