Search This Blog

19 February 2007

Day 11 - 18/2/07

Matt had a rest day today, after his battle with headwinds during the past 2 or 3 days. The forecast for Monday 19/2 is for S to SW winds so he intends to wait until then.

In the meantime he is comfortably camped on the grass at Green Point, with toilet and outside shower facilities - almost like home!!

His plan is to round Cape Grim tomorrow and possibly reach Stony Point but he needs to take special care because of the extensive sand banks around that area, particularly near Robbins Island. He will not want to drag his kayak several k's over soft sand. I think he has a copy of the tide tables so he should be OK.