Call received at 5.55pm - Matt at Nye Bay, 1km into the Giblin River, about 10kms south of Low Rocky Point. He pointed out that he deliberately avoided Spain Bay, where he was holed up for about 3 days on a previous trip around Tasmania, and Port Davey.
He is reportedly "stuffed" - maybe an understatement given that he paddled about 100kms today.
Tomorrow (Sun 11/2) he will try to get to Hibbs Point, or a bit further north and on Monday he hopes to be in Strahan.
Forecast for Sunday is "E to SE winds 15 to 25 kts, tending E late. Seas 2 to 3m. SW swell 1.5 to 2m."
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...