I sent Friday's weather forecast by text at about 5.15pm. A bit more promising than for today.
"E to NE winds 5 to 15 kts tending variable during the afternoon with inshore sea breezes. Seas around 1 metre. SW swell decaying to around 2 metres."
Matt phoned via satellite phone at 9.15pm. He has reached Deadmans Bay after battling very strong headwinds most of the morning. He has had a lot of trouble getting a signal and said he thought all the satellites had dropped out of the sky!
Phone line then dropped out.
I hope to get more news tomorrow.
Update for Day 1 on Day 2 - 50kms today. He wanted to stop at Rocky Boat Inlet but waves were breaking across the bay, then on to Prion Beach but on approach there were huge waves so he abandoned that plan and continued on to Deadmans.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...