Matt is at Petal Point tonight, having arrived and made camp at about 7pm.
The first 35kms of today's paddle were into a light N wind and the going was good. The wind then turned E and made for a slog into his rest stop at Tomahawk.
When he resumed paddling he hugged the shore of Ringarooma Bay until Petal Point, which added about 15kms when compared with the direct route across the Bay. Total distance today was between 65 and 70kms.
He will need to take extra care when negotiating Banks Strait tomorrow and winds and currents are notoriously strong. They can combine or oppose to make life very difficult or very fast. Here's hoping it won't be too bad for him.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...