I drove up to Boat Harbour and, on the way, had a phone call at 12.30pm from Matt. He was having a break near Rocky Cape (I was still near Deloraine) and he reckoned he still had 2 or 3 hours paddling ahead of him.
He arrived at Boat Harbour beach after spending some time following the shore around, like a tourist would, at about 3.15pm. As there was no accommodation available we decided to wait until dusk before setting up the tent near some campervans, away from the beach.
We had a relaxing afternoon and evening - a meal at the local cafe - and a comfortable, warm night on a grassy campsite.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...