Update received from Matt at 7.35pm - safe at campsite about 10kms north of Pt Hibbs - probably just north of Hibbs Bay. He reckons he has about 45kms to go to reach Cape Sorell, then maybe 25kms to paddle up Macquarie Harbour to Strahan.
I will drive to Strahan early tomorrow (Monday 12/2) to catch up with Matt and deliver some items he has asked for eg spray jacket with hood.
He was saddened to learn that Andrew McAuley's kayak has been found, about 45kms west of Milford Sound, minus Andrew. We hope and pray he will be found before it is too late for him.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...