Matt made good progress today, reaching Greens Beach at the mouth of the Tamar River (west) just before 6pm. He made a stop for a break at Devonport on the way and covered a total of about 50kms for the day.
Winds started out rather fresh, from the SE, but moderated during the day.
With a bit of luck tomorrow should bring some W to NW winds during the afternoon after early SE to NE winds between 10 and 20 knots.
It is possible that he might make it to Bridport tomorrow but that would be a big paddle (nearly 70kms I estimate).
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...