A good day's paddling today. Matt rang at 7.30pm, having arrived at Half Moon Bay 15 minutes earlier.
He had good southerly winds up to Cape Grim, then calm conditions, but current against him, through Robbins Passage. He had a well-earned break at Stony Point, then pushed on, with another break at Half Moon Bay.
He paddled between 85 and 90kms today - one of the best so far.
Given that he might encounter SE to E winds (10-20 knots) tomorrow he might make about 40kms, which would take him to Boat Harbour or thereabouts.
I plan to drive up to the NW tomorrow to catch up with Matt again.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...