I will be starting my kayak expedition from the east coast of Tasmania on Wednesday 7 Feb 2007 - from Orford. I will be heading south, around the Tasman Peninsula and across Storm Bay to Bruny Island and then to Cockle Creek. I will then head along the south coast of Tasmania and up the west coast to Strahan to re-supply.
I will then continue up the west coast to the n/w corner of Tasmania at Stanley to stock up again. I would like to possilby head to King Island and paddle around the island. The rest of the trip is up in the air because it will depend how quickly I get up to Stanley.
I will be in contact with my father - Tony Watton, by satellite phone, who may be able to update this during my trip.
Search This Blog
Matt's Trip Report Pages
- Tony's trips new link: http://tonywatton.net.au/
- Kayak around Maria Island - day trip
- Kayak Circumnavigation of Bruny Island
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk, 3 days, March 20...
- Precipitous Bluff - kayak & walk Jan 2008
- Matthew Watton, Tasmania Circumnavigation attempt ...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #1...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #2...
- Matthew Watton - solo Tasmania Circumnavigation #3...
- Steve Dineen's solo kayak circumnavigation Tasmania
- Federation Peak
- Farmhouse Creek Track - Judds Cavern
- Port Welshpool to Hogan Island & return
- Port Davey Track walk
- Huonville to Hobart kayak paddle
- John Brewster and Earle de Blonville - First ever ...